Sunday, October 4, 2009

I heart Betty Crocker: Gluten-Free Brownies

I've heard great things about the GF mixes by Betty Crocker, but was struggling to find any in Manhattan supermarkets.  About a month ago, I was deliciously surprised.  Thanks to my future mother-in-law, who was visting NY from out of state, we now had a box, as she was able to buy it in her local store.



These brownies were so easy to make...even easier than the Pamela's mix, which I've used many times before. All you need are 2 eggs and some butter, mix it together and in about 25 minutes you have amazing brownies.  The batter was more delish than other GF mixes, a good sign for the final product.



These are great to bake when you are going to dinner with non-GF peeps (they won't know the difference!), or just to enjoy all on your own! They taste great, real gooey, rich and very chocolatey. 

The edges got a little hard, and removal from the pan became messy, but I chalk that up to the uneven distribution of the batter as it went into the pan (or maybe not enough cooking spray on the edges causing it to stick).

I'm looking forward to trying the Yellow Cake and Chocolate Chip Cookie mixes next.  Stay tuned...

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your blog. Aren't those brownies good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried these yet, but I've been really wanting brownies lately, so soon...

    ReplyDelete