Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving Recap: Stuffed!

Thanksgiving is one of my new favorite food-fest holidays.  And since I made very similar meals to the ones I've posted last year on here, I didn't feel the need to bore you with the same recipes.  However, I did add some new tricks to the dishes and those I'd love to share.  Our menu included a brined 11 pound turkey, mashed potato casserole, stuffing, steamed broccoli, and pumpkin pie.

The biggest improvement was on the mashed potato casserole, where I used a potato ricer to get the mixture even creamier than usual. 

I used a new pie crust, for the pumpkin pie which made me nervous, but it came out even better than the Whole Foods gf pie crust I usually use.  Gillian's GF pie crust had a much nuttier taste to it, and tastes more similar to a graham cracker crust than the buttery flavor of the Whole Foods brand.
Add some homemade whipped cream (1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, sugar and a touch of vanilla extract, blended with handmixer until creamy) and you are all set!!

No comments:

Post a Comment